DuPont™ Tyvek® 2058C is strong, breathable and water repellent. These properties ensure that this material is eminently compatible with active ingredients in for example absorption bags, such as ethylene removers.
Tyvek® 2058C is the only product in active material applications to have a standard heat seal coating. This coating ensures better sealing characteristics.
Tyvek® 2058C complies with the requirements of the Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act (FDA), Title 21. It may be used in the food industry to preserve the freshness of foodstuffs.
Tyvek® 2058C has a hard surface structure, a weight of c. 60 g/m² and a thickness of c. 157 µm. In addition, Tyvek® 2058C has had a corona treatment, so that optimal adhesion of coatings and glue can be guaranteed.
- Colour: white
- Weight: c. 60 g/m²
- Thickness: c. 157 µm
Laws and regulations
- Suitable for contact with foodstuffs (US FDA and EU Food approved)
- Meets USP <661.1> requirements
- Meets the standards for composition and testing of EU Pharmacopoeia 3.1.3 and 3.1.5
- Meets the cytotoxicity standards ISO10993-5, USP <87>
- Meets the requirements of RoHS, WEEE and EU packaging directives.
Breathable – Water repellent – Strong – Antibacterial