Tyvek® Parts Protection
DuPont™ Tyvek® makes it possible to store, handle and transport all kind of sensitive parts (e.g. automotive) through the supply chain safely using returnable packaging systems.
DuPont™ Tyvek® is extremely flexible and protective. From it, systems can be tailor-made to optimize space in the transportation containers, which prevents damage to parts being moved during storage and transport.
With no added plasticizers which might migrate and damage the parts, Tyvek® is smooth with a low coefficient of friction, making it also ergonomically efficient. Workers can effortlessly place and pick parts without straining. The smooth and lint-free surface is agreeable to the touch and safe for parts that might be scratched or contaminated by other materials.
Special Tyvek® styles can also be used when cushioning or padding is desired, providing even greater protection for more fragile and delicate parts. Tyvek® is so lightweight and thin that it takes up very little space in the packaging containers, so more parts can fit in one container and after folding it takes up less space for return transport, saving transport and handling costs in both directions.
• Strong, tear and puncture resistant
• Low linting
• Soft, smooth, silky surface
• Can be creased, folded and stitched
• Contains no plasticizers
• Unaffected by most chemicals
• Excellent printability - barcode and variable information printable
Tyvek® is effectively used to protect all kinds of visual and sensitive parts including:
• Door panels
• Arm rests
• Glove box covers
• Belt lines
• Map pockets
• Floor consoles
• Head lights
• and many others...
Benefits of Tyvek® for Parts Protection
• Ensure high protection for sensitive parts (including painted) (silky and smooth surface, low linting, light-weight and soft)
• Enables shipping parts before paint is fully cured to save time and inventory costs with minimal risk of fibers sticking or paint damage (excellent breathability, low-linting surface)
• Can survive lifetime of returnable packaging - (strong, durable, tear resistant, abrasion resistance)
• Improves assembly efficiency through reduced packing and unpacking time (easy place in/out of parts)
• Improves production efficiency (easy and ergonomic to use)